Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ginger Tea

A few more fun things about this week...

About 5 people have gotten sick. Luckily, I am not one of them... and this is most likely because it hasn't happened yet.  I have been making ginger tea for people and it has been helping! Woohoo!

The other day a few of us students took the tro tro into town to go the mall for some errands. The rush hour traffic starts at about 4pm here and we managed to hit it right at the peak when trying to go home.  People were crowding onto the tro tros before we even knew where they were headed and before the other passengers could get off.  So after trying for awhile we decided to take a taxi.  Well after an intense price bargaining for the ride, 5 of us piled into the taxi. The taxi driver then hot wired his car, sending some smoke into the air and took off. He turned to us and said something like, "there are too many of you in the car. If the cops stop us, you'll get arrested." At this point I'm just rolling my eyes like "great, thanks for the late warning." We chose to walk some of the way, had to jump over a huge gutter.  Needless to say, we got home very safe and sound.  Ultimately, my friend Vanika and I were laughing most of the way home between conversations of firm bargaining.  I also just want to say that overall, I do feel very safe here!!!

I am taking a dance class. All thanks to my current--maybe temporary--roommate, Emily, we went to a 200 level class. Oy vay, I didn't think I could do anything above a 100 level but it was fine. I could not stop beaming. It was soooo much fun!!!  There are about 10 live drummers and 20 instructors with one head instructor who is an old man.  He walks with a cane.  However, he introduced himself to the class saying that in class he does not use the cane because we are all good people and that allows him to walk without it. There was so much fun, good and lively energy. I am so lucky that I get to  take this class twice a week....Sorry Dad, but I might end up doing all dance and drumming classes.

I hope you are all having a wonderful day!! Much Love!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ev., It sounds like great times for you. Working on installing light fixtures here, and getting things set up. The idea of simplification and downsizing still keep evading us! Love Ya!! JPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing...drumming classes..sounds good to me. The dance class sounds interesting..good exercise and lots of laughs. I'm looking forward to hearing about your "other" studies. What is your living conditions like...a dorm...any pictures? I love your mom's Ginger Tea so I'm not surprised it's a great hit. Lots of hugs and love, Adina

    ReplyDelete